Latest Library News
|The Library has updated its Public Computers and Printer/Copier.
Now only 15p per A4 Black & White page. 30p per A4 Colour page.
Barrow Community Library has updated its Computing Services, and the following are now available for use during Library opening hours:
We are looking forward to welcoming you to the Library to try out these new facilities.
Thanks to The Cooperative in Barrow for helping us to purchase the Printer/Copier/Scanner.
Barrow upon Soar Community Library,
Barrow upon Soar,
Tel: 01509 416356
This savings account offers you a good rate of interest with instant access, and Barrow Community Library will receive an annual bonus which will help us keep the library open.
Pop in to the Library to pick up an application form for this savings account. Alternatively, download the form and print. Make sure you tick the Affinity Account box, and complete "Affinity Account for Barrow Community Library".
Take your completed form to the Loughborough Building Society on the High Street in Loughborough or any other branch. Don't forget to take photo id and proof of your address.
The Library can be hired for your event see details
The Barrow Community Partnership Library went Live on Monday 27th July 2015
BUSCA were officially handed the keys to Barrow Library on Monday 27th July. Our volunteers had been busy preparing themselves with training sessions and were ready to provide you with a service that was Business as Usual.
We now operate slighly longer opening hours than before, staying open over lunchtime on Wednesday and Friday. The evening opening day has changed from Friday to Wednesday:
Mon 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Wed 10:00am - 6:30pm
Fri 10:00am - 5:00pm
Sat 10:00am - 1:00pm
You will experience the same systems and services for book lending, computer use, photo-copying etc. In fact, we hope that you won't notice the difference and that we will be able to match the same level of excellent service that we have all enjoyed in the past.
We now have a coffee machine, so come to the library, relax and enjoy tea or coffee while you make your next literary selection.
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or use the library phone 01509 416356
See our new Facebook page.
If you have any questions or need assistance, the volunteer library staff will be pleased to help.
You can contact us during opening hours on 01509 416356.
A larger collection of stock can be found at Loughborough Library. It costs nothing to join the library or to borrow books (the basic service is free) and you are never too young to join!
- Novels – a selection of popular hardback and paperback fiction with separate sections for crime, romance, westerns and science fiction/fantasy
- Information books – most popular topics. Subject requests are free to support homework and study
- Books in large print
- Talking books (books on CD, small charge)
- Storybooks for children of all ages
- Board books and picture books for babies and pre-school children
- Talking Books for 11 years and under - no charge
- Information books to help with homework and leisure reading
- Books for teenagers
- Books for parents on child related issues
- Young Readers sessions (stories and rhymes) for under 7's. £1.00 donation to library funds per child per session.
- Rhyme Time for 3s and under. Fortnightly on Fridays from 10:30am to 11:00am
- Saturday Stories suitable for under 7s. Weekly on Saturdays from 10:30am to 11:00am
See some examples of Children's artwork, previously displayed at Barrow Library in 2005 and 2006.
- General reference books available on-line
- Local courses and evening classes
- Local papers
- Information about the local community including parish, district and county information
- Local studies information including books, maps and village file on Barrow upon Soar, Parish records for Barrow upon Soar and Walton on the Wolds together with some census records.
- Ancestry Library Edition is available in this library free of charge to do family history research
COMPUTERS AND ICT
The "peoplesnetwork" computers in Leicestershire offer the following features:
- Facilities are free to library users except for a small charge for printing
- Children under 8 should be accompanied by an adult
- Free computer taster courses – ask library staff for help
- Public access via Broadband to the World Wide Web including email
- WiFi access so you can use your own device
- Microsoft Office programs available
- Scanner and Printer
- INFOLINX – local organisations and information database
- Online public access to the Library catalogue
OTHER FACILITIES AND SERVICES
- Photocopying (up to A3 size)
- Microfiche reader
- Laminating (up to A4 size)
- OS Mapping for planning purposes
- Arts & Crafts sales
- Stationery sales
- Ramp to entrance
- Library is all on one level with wide aisles
- Car park available at rear