The Mount and Cottages in the High Street

The photo shows the site of The Mount in 1936 and the cottages in the High Street which formed part of its estate when it was sold by the then owner, Mrs A.W.Marshall. All the cottages were described as Dwelling Houses.

  • Lot 2, No. 4 High Street - was occupied by Mr Joseph Lockwood at an annual rental of £19-10s-0d.
  • Lot 3, No. 6 High Street - was occupied by Mr T.A.Jones at an annual rental of £32-10s-0d.
  • Lot 4, No. 8 High Street - was occupied by Mrs W Norton at an annual rental of £13-4s-0d.
  • Lot 5, No. 10 and 12 High Street - was occupied by Miss Humber (at an annual rental of £20-16s-0d) and Mr L.G.Clarke (annual rental £13-0s-0d)

 

 

 

 

 

 


Previous menu page: Adverts for shops in Barrow
Next page: Holy Trinity Parish Church Memorials

 

Last Updated. 10-January-2016 By admin