Cemetery

In 1893 the Burial Board was formed to find and establish a new plot of land for use as a cemetery. Up until that time all burials had been in the churchyard. After an extensive search the present site in Cotes Road (below) was purchased and the chapel built for a sum of £1,700. The cemetery was dedicated on 30th March 1895 and the first burial of a Mrs Fanny jacques, took place on 21st April 1895.


Previous menu page: The Old Vicarage
Next page: Humphrey Babington Hospitals

 

Last Updated. 10-January-2016 By admin