Rectory Farm

Rectory Farm once stood on the Beaumont Road housing estate and fronted onto North Street. The land was farmed by the Kimber family until the closure and subsequent building of the houses in the mid-1960s. Previously the farm was owned by the Stone family and Mr Thomas Parnham Stone was a sheep breeder of considerable note. In 1843 he was awarded two first prizes for sheep at the Royal Agricultural Show held at Derby.

Previous menu page: Humphrey Babington Hospitals
Next page: The River and Canal


Last Updated. 10-January-2016 By admin