- ID (Preferred Ref.): MLE16169
- Name: Post-medieval lime kilns at 136, Cotes Road
- Map Sheet: SK51NE
- Grid Reference: Centroid SK 571 183 (MBR: 66m by 56m)
- Summary: Two post-medieval lime kilns were recorded during an evaluation in 2006. The kilns were inverted cone shapes, dug into the ground and approached down a ramp. The inside of the firing chamber and the base were brick lined.
- Reference : Unpublished document: Hurford, M. 2006. An archaeological evaluation at 136, Cotes Road, Barrow on Soar.
Location - Administrative Areas
- Civil Parish: Barrow-upon-Soar, Charnwood, Leicestershire
- LIME KILN (Late Post-medieval - 1700 AD to 1899 AD)
- Event ID: LE4550
- Name/Ref: An archaeological evaluation at 136, Cotes Road, Barrow on Soar (Ref: P/06/1846/2)
- Organisation: University of Leicester Archaeological Services